Wednesday, July 23, 2008

To Write Or...

Gone are the days when I used to stay up reading… and sometimes, writing… I’d be sleepy as heck, dozing off, and suddenly I’d stand right up to switch on the light and find a piece of paper. Most writers would relate to the fact that you could have a thought in your mind one second and lose it the next…

They say that writing is good for increasing your brain activity (so the level of dumb-ness that you will grow with age might be slightly reduced). But that’s not motivation enough for me. Neither have I ever kept a journal. But when I'm going through a thought or a feeling, and get distracted and lose it... then it’s a small part of me lost forever... and I might never get to rediscover it from the old archives of my mind or share it with those who care about what I think.

And so, I write again… Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment